- Does not contain aluminium, sugar or gluten.
- The maximum total daily intake (80ml) for adults contains 1128mg of sodium (take into account if on a low sodium diet).
Dosage and Warnings
How to take Gaviscon Liquid:
- Adults and children over 12 years: 10-20mL.
- Children 6-12 years: 5-10mL.
- Not recommended for children under 6 years.
- Take as required after meals and before going to bed, up to 4 times a day or as directed.
- Ensure cap seal is unbroken before first use.
- Shake well before use.
- If symptoms persist see your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store below 30°C but do not refrigerate
- 500mg sodium alginate
- 267mg sodium bicarbonate
- 160mg calcium carbonate.
Each 10mL dose contains
How Gaviscon Original works
When you want relief from heartburn, Gaviscon Original can help. The discomfort and pain from heartburn come from excess stomach acid coming back up into your oesophagus (food pipe). The sodium alginate in Gaviscon acts as a ‘raft’ that forms over the contents of your stomach to help relieve reflux. Gaviscon Original soothes and cools the oesophagus, effectively relieving the classic – and often painful symptoms of heartburn and indigestion (a burning pain felt in your chest), so you can feel better.
Best of all? Gaviscon Liquid starts to work from 4 minutes* and lasts up to 4 hours!**
Watch the video to learn more.