When you want relief from heartburn, Gaviscon Original can help. The discomfort and pain from heartburn come from excess stomach acid coming back up into your oesophagus (food pipe). The sodium alginate in Gaviscon acts as a ‘raft’ that forms over the contents of your stomach to help relieve reflux. Gaviscon Original soothes and cools the oesophagus, effectively relieving the classic – and often painful symptoms of heartburn and indigestion (a burning pain felt in your chest), so you can feel better. Gaviscon Original is available in a variety of different products:
- Gaviscon Liquid Aniseed Flavour
- Gaviscon Liquid Peppermint Flavour
- Gaviscon Tablets Peppermint Flavour
Best of all? Gaviscon Liquid starts to work from 4 minutes* and lasts up to 4 hours!**
How Gaviscon Dual Action Works
Gaviscon Dual Action works in two different ways to effectively relieve the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion:
- The antacid – the antacid in Gaviscon Dual Action neutralises excess stomach acid to relieve the pain and discomfort of indigestion.
- The raft – the sodium alginate in Gaviscon Dual Action forms a thick layer (think of it like a ‘raft’) on top of your stomach contents. The ‘raft’ then acts as a physical barrier that helps keep your stomach contents where they belong – in your stomach – and not in your food pipe where they can cause discomfort and burning pain.
Gaviscon Dual Action is available in a variety of different products:
- Gaviscon Dual Action Liquid Peppermint Flavour
- Gaviscon Dual Action Tablets Peppermint Flavour
- Gaviscon Dual Action Liquid Peppermint Sachets
- Gaviscon Dual Action Liquid Mixed Berry Flavour
- Gaviscon Dual Action Tablets Mixed Berry Flavour
Want fast-acting relief from heartburn and indigestion? Gaviscon Dual Action Liquid starts to soothe from 4 minutes!*
How Gaviscon Extra Strength Works
Our Extra Strength formula is designed to relieve the pain and discomfort of heartburn and indigestion. The sodium alginate in Gaviscon Extra Strength acts as a ‘raft’ that forms over the contents of your stomach to help relieve reflux.
It’s called Gaviscon Extra Strength for a reason, as it contains double the concentration of sodium alginate compared with Gaviscon Original so you only need to take half as much. Gaviscon Extra Strength is available in two products:
For fast-acting relief of heartburn and indigestion, Gaviscon Extra Strength will take care of you.
How Gaviscon Infant works
Gaviscon Infant helps prevent reflux, where the stomach contents seep back up the oesophagus (food pipe). It contains active ingredients sodium alginate and magnesium alginate. It works by thickening the baby’s stomach contents so that the stomach contents are more difficult to regurgitate.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
*Strugala V, et al. 2010 (Sponsored by RB).
**Chevrel B, 1980.