It works in two different ways:
- More effective reduction of excess stomach acid to relieve discomfort.
- Forming a protective layer over the stomach contents to soothe the burning pain in your chest.
Dosage and Warnings
Liquid: Shake well before use. Adults and children over 12 years: 20mL. Children 6-12 years: 10mL. Not recommended for children under 6 years. Take as required after meals and before going to bed, up to 4 times a day or as directed. Ensure cap seal is unbroken before first use. If symptoms persist see your doctor.
Does not contain aluminium, sugar, gluten or artificial colouring. The maximum total daily intake (80mL) for adults contains 1018mg of sodium (take into account if on a low sodium diet). Contains hydroxybenzoates and saccharin. Store below 30°C but do not refrigerate. Discard 6 months after opening. Keep out of reach of children.
- 500mg sodium alginate
- 267mg sodium bicarbonate
- 160mg calcium carbonate.
- Contains hydroxybenzoates and saccharin.
Each 10mL dose contains
How Gaviscon Dual Action works
Gaviscon Dual Action works in two different ways to effectively relieve the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion:
- The antacid – the antacid in Gaviscon Dual Action neutralises excess stomach acid to relieve the pain and discomfort of indigestion.
- The raft – the sodium alginate in Gaviscon Dual Action forms a thick layer (think of it like a ‘raft’) on top of your stomach contents. The ‘raft’ then acts as a physical barrier that helps keep your stomach contents where they belong – in your stomach – and not in your food pipe where they can cause discomfort and burning pain.
Watch the video below to find out more.